Gilpin is the preferred supplier of monolayer plastic cups and easy-open ends to the world’s leading suppliers of pasteurized crab, oysters, other seafood products, and hot-fill soups. Gilpin has sold millions of 8-ounce and 16-ounce plastic cups around the world! We’ve recently added a new 6-ounce size. Because we ship from stock, there’s no waiting for our cups.
The popularity of plastic cups for pasteurized crab and seafood and prepared soups is fueled by consumers’ desire to see the product in the package, the ease of opening the container, consumers’ perception of enhanced freshness, and retail profit margins that are better than metal cans.
Gilpin supplies more than 50 percent of the plastic cups to the pasteurized crab market and we’re still growing. The world’s leading retailers, including Wal-Mart and Costco, recognize consumer preference for seafood and prepared soups in our cups.
Cups are available in clear. Labels include shrink and pressure-sensitive.
Benefits to Processors
- Ease of filling
- Value priced
- Shelf appeal
- Processed foods such as crab meat, oysters, other seafood, and prepared soups
- Shrink film or sleeves
- Heat-seal closures
- Seamed easy-open ends
- Plastic overcaps
- Single supplier for containers and closures
- Choice of 3 sizes: 6, 8 and 12 ounces
- Molded flange for more consistent seam for higher efficiencies at filling location
- No regrind—all virgin material
- Bowls nest for more efficient shipping
- Can ship matching bowls and closures in same container
- 100% container traceability
- Run on existing filling lines
- Container is recyclable
- Lightweight alternative to metal cans
If you have questions, contact us.